to our 'Intrigue'
Through The Glass
by Gwen Angstrom
The next challenge, write up to 500 words around the theme: SPEED. Closes midnight, 1 May 2012 AWST (GMT+8) More>
- 500-word challenge (16)
- Blogwax (79)
- The Buzz (39)
- Margaret Atwood: Plork and Awe
- Riffing with Margaret Atwood and China Miéville
- Winner, ‘Intrigue’ Challenge
- Norway: A Writer’s Dream?
- Me-Worms and They-Worms: The Hunt for Voice
- Inua Ellams: ‘Musical and delicious to the ear’
- Thrillers Make A Killing
- Short Can Be Sweet
- How Much Sex Is Too Much?
- Careful or I’ll Put You In My Book
- The Rich Rewards of Research
- The Reading Cure
- Festival Feast And 500 Words
- Winner, ‘Hunger’ Challenge
- Nano for Noobs
Join 63 other subscribers
Tag Archives: novellas
Trends in Publishing – Part 1: A Short, Sharp Future?
Posted on June 23, 2011 by waxings
Here’s an interesting publishing trend – shorter books. Maybe. Editor David Winter says Text Publishing is doing a lot of short books at the moment. It’s not a deliberate strategy, he hastens to add. But his musing about the opportunities … Continue reading →
Posted in Blogwax, Emerging Writers Festival 2011, The Buzz | Tagged authors, books, david winter, digital, Emerging Writers' Festival, genre, novellas, publishers, publishing, text publishing, Town Hall Conference, traditional, write, writing | 4 Comments